Everything You Need To Know About 2-Stage Cooling Systems in Big Bear
California sees its share of glorious weather, but it is also home to some blazing summer days and some downright chilly winters. As summer creeps ever closer, it’s a good time to consider the benefits of a 2-stage cooling system. California summers are often a mixed bag that can include incredibly mild weather and intensely high temperatures, and a 2-stage cooling system effectively and efficiently addresses both. Talk to a professional Big Bear, California, heating and cooling specialist about your home or office’s cooling needs today.
Your Cooling System
If your heating and cooling system has seen better days and you are considering purchasing a new unit, it’s a good time to learn more about 2-stage cooling models, which are especially well suited to California weather. A professional Big Bear, California, heating and cooling specialist will go over your best options with you, and those options are likely to include an economical 2-stage unit. These cooling systems allow you to control the speed in which the unit’s fan blows cool air into your home or office. Because California temperatures can range from quite comfortable to brutally hot, this tweak to your cooling system can save you money on your utility bills in the long run and is a more environmentally friendly option.
The 2-Stage System
When your air conditioner is cooling your home, you probably notice that it is always running at the same capacity no matter what the temperature outside is. This is because, traditionally, air conditioners have only one fan setting, which means that the fan blows at maximum capacity until your home or office reaches your chosen temperature level. This system works well on the dog days of summer when it’s difficult to keep up with soaring temperatures, but in more temperate weather, It’s overkill. When it’s too warm outside to forego air conditioning but you still want to take the edge off, blasting your air conditioner is a waste of resources
A 2-stage cooling unit, on the other hand, allows you to regulate how strenuously your cooling system is working – depending on the weather you’re experiencing on any given day. When the weather is mild but still calls for a boost of cooler air, you can modify your AC’s output while still maintaining your home at a comfortable temperature.
Benefits of a 2-Stage Air Conditioner
A 2-stage cooling unit can have a variety of positive consequences in your home. The major benefit is that it allows you to lower your fan speed when you don’t need it to run at maximum capacity. This enables you to keep your home or office comfortably cool while also economizing on your cooling costs. There are, however, additional collateral benefits:
- By modulating the speed of your fan based on the weather, you avoid unnecessary wear and tear on your cooling system.
- Reduced wear and tear not only extends the lifespan of your air conditioner but can also help decrease the number of repairs and service calls you’ll need over time.
Talk to an experienced Big Bear, California, heating and cooling specialist about whether a 2-stage cooling system is a good fit for your home or office.
Lowering Your Utility Bills
A 2-stage air conditioner is a great way to help lower your utility bills, but there are several additional tips, shared by the Department of Energy, that you can implement:
- Use your curtains and window treatments to your advantage by keeping them closed when the sun is beating down on you and by throwing them open when you want the sun’s warmth to help keep your home or office toasty.
- If you don’t have a programmable thermostat, now’s a good time to get one. These devices allow you to control how aggressively your air conditioner is working at any given – depending upon the situation. If you already have a programmable thermostat, program it according to the weather forecast. Finally, setting the temperature a bit higher when no one is at home will also help you conserve.
- Consider having your home’s insulation upgraded, which can significantly improve its ability to keep the heat out and the cool in (and vice versa during the cooler months).
As Summer Approaches, Consult with an Experienced Big Bear, California, Cooling Specialist about a 2-Stage Air Conditioner
If your air conditioner is getting on in years and you’re preparing to upgrade, consult with a dedicated cooling specialist at Bear Valley Plumbing & Heating in Big Bear, California, today. Our experienced heating and cooling professionals have the skill, knowledge, and commitment to help you maximize your home’s comfort and minimize your cooling costs. If you’ve got a heating or cooling emergency, we’re available 24/7. For more information, please contact or call us at 909-675-0983 today.
If you are looking for a Big Bear plumbing, heating & air conditioning contractor, please call (909) 584-4376 or complete our online request form.
Category: Air Conditioning Installation